DUNNET AND CANISBAY COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Minutes of December 2010 Meeting Held in Seaview Hotel John O’ Groats
Two Members of public
2. Apologies: Linda Bingham
Alex McManus (Highland Council)
3. Election of Office Bearers
Chair: John Green, proposed by Keith Muir seconded by Chris Hobson: no other candidate, duly appointed
Deputy Chair: Chris Hobson, proposed Eric Green seconded by John Green, no other candidate, duly appointed
Treasurer: Keith Muir, proposed Chris Hobson, seconded Eric Green, no other candidate, duly appointed
Secretary: After some discussion and in the absence of volunteers for the post, it was agreed for a period of six months to combine the post of secretary and treasurer. Proposed by John Green seconded Chris Hobson, unanimously agreed.
4. Adoption of Constitution, Standing Orders and Code of Conduct.
It was agreed to provide members with copies of all these documents to consider at their leisure and consider at our next meeting.
5. Minutes of Last meeting of the Outgoing Community Council: proposed Eric Green, seconded Keith Muir, duly adopted
6. Matters arising not otherwise on agenda: None
7. Treasurer’s Report: At the end of November our balance stands at £796.99
8. Planning matters.
The CC noted a number of uncontentious planning applications about which it offered no comment.
Wind Turbine at Barrogill Mains: Having received representations from residents, both in writing and in person, the CC debated this proposal and agreed to write to Highland Council planning Department to voice our concerns.
9. Core Paths: Chris Hobson explained that there are two applications for funding under the core paths scheme in our area. The Dunnet Forest project put forward by the CC has been approved and the CC recorded a vote of thanks to Jean Barnett of Dunnet Forest Trust who put the bid together. A second project in Dunnet to link through to the Brough road was delayed by confusion with the Forest project, but Chris Hobson reported that he is confident it too will be approved.
10. Village Officer Scheme. The previous CC has successfully spent all of its allocated funds under this scheme, and John Green reported that work had been done in Dunnet, in Canisbay and in John O’ Groats under the scheme.
11. Co-Opting of Members. Members were asked to consider suitable candidates for co-option to the CC. It was also agreed to invite organisations in the area to put forward candidates, either for co-option or at least to attend meetings informally.
12. Mey Hall: The CC noted with satisfaction the success of the event the Mey Hall Committee had put on to present a selection of photos from the massive archive built up over the years by Sheila Moir. Both Sheila, and Irene Hendrie who organised the event, were to be congratulated.
Bus Services. Eric Green mentioned a number of issues with local bus services. It was noted that Stagecoach are revising their timetable and will offer the new schedules for consultation. It was agreed to invite Steve Walker of Stagecoach to attend a CC meeting once the revised timetable is available for comment.
14. Next meeting: 12th January in Dunnet Hall. Chris Hobson will book the Hall.