Minutes of the inaugural meeting of the Dunnet and Canisbay Community Council
held in Canisbay School on Wednesday 13 December 2006 at 7.30pm.
Mr Ian Hargrave
Mr John Green
Mr Chris Hobson
Mrs Irene Hendrie
Mr Keith Muir
Mr Eric Green
Mr Willie Sinclair
- Ian Hargrave, Area Manager Highland Council gave a talk on the role of community councils. He distributed copies of the Highland Council Concordat, A Good Practice Guide and Planning Matters for Community Councils.
- Election of Office Bearers
Chairman John Green Proposed Keith Muir
Seconded Chris Hobson
Vice Chairman Chris Hobson Proposed John Green
Seconded Irene Hendrie
Secretary Irene Hendrie Proposed Keith Muir
Seconded John Green
Treasurer Keith Muir Proposed Chris Hobson
Seconded John Green
- Social Housing Ronnie Macrae of the Highland Small Communities Housing Trust would be invited to the next meeting of the community council to talk about social housing - JG to arrange this
- Constitution A constitution should be adopted at the next meeting - IH to obtain a draft constitution
- Bank Account A bank account could be openedafter a constitution had been adopted - KM to arrange this
- Regular Meetings to be held on the second Wednesday of each month at 7.30 excluding July and August. Possible venues would be the primary schools or village halls. At least six meeting in each year must be open to the public.
- Membership It would be possible to increase the membership of the community council by co opting new members. They must be representatives of groups or organisations active in our community. This could be done once a constitution was adopted.
- Windfarms Planning permission was refused for the Stroupster wind farm but an appeal had been lodge. If the appeal, to be heard early in 2007, was upheld a community benefit fund would be established. The proposed site of the wind farm is situated within the area of the community council.
- Meeting closed at 8.30pm